A Simple Man


If I were a painter,
I would have painted you:
You making your eyes bigger, shrinking into yourself,
And lips trembling too.

If I were a poet,
I would have penned a song for you,
On your long-beautiful-hair, and your sweet smile,
And yah, your loving heart too!

If I were a picture-taker,
To keep you close, I would capture you.
In the most beautiful lights, in most amazing places.
And stick you on my desk with glue.

If I were a diver - a deep-sea explorer,
I would have found an oyster for you.
And bring you its pearl untouched,
One precious with another makes two.

If I were an astronaut,
I would have gone to Pluto for you!
And got a pebble from there for you, my love,
And, of course, a selfie too!

I am but a simple man,
With just simple words to say to you:
All I do is care for you, want to be with you:
And, oh yes! I love you :)

Comments